Thursday, April 19, 2012

Brazil!!

You know how someone says to you, "Hey!  Let's go to… *fill in with random place you have NEVER considered going to," and the first thing you think is, "Um… nope.  Don't think so."?  Yeah.  That was Brazil for me.  The DTS Training Director said to me, "Hey!  I think we should send a team to Brazil for outreach…" to which I responded, "Um… nope.  Don't think so."  But in all fairness, this same person also thought I would go on outreach this school, and again - NOPE - was the first word that came to mind.  And here I sit, co-leading an outreach team to Brazil.  Might be a great idea to just say yes next time and save myself some hassle.

We began our journey in a town called Santa Cruz located within Rio De Janeiro.  We were there for a couple of days and then hopped on another jet plane up to a place called Belo Horizonte.  It was a nice surprise to end up here, where the weather for me is absolutely perfect!  It's cool enough at night to have on sweat pants, yet warm enough during the day for shorts and flip flops.  Yup… perfect!  We will be here in Belo for 3 weeks and then go back to Rio where we will be joining a Brazilian DTS outreach team working in local slums to finish out our time here.

So far, Belo has been amazing!!  Not just the weather, although I do have to keep mentioning that because it's so perfect, but the YWAM team here have such a smooth running machine, and it's been a pleasure joining in with them.  They are obviously used to teams, and in true YWAM form welcomed us so well and have been great at making us feel like we've come home.  One of my favorite parts about YWAM is that no matter where you go - when you connect with YWAM, you connect with an extended part of your family you just haven't met yet.  LOVE THAT.  So we have been enjoying getting to know the cuzzies in Brazil.  :)  Looking forward to all that God has for us during these next three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment